Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fa-tsang (Fazang 法藏)

We are studying some Hua-yen Buddhism at G's class this week. When I read Nāgārjuna's Doctrine of the Emptiness of Emptiness, I thought he was great. Yet here comes Fa-tsang's Rounded (inclusive) Doctrine of the One Vehicle. Once again, I am amazed. It's genius to think that things are the same exactly because they are different.

Buddhism has contributed so much to philosophy, especially metaphysics. I can't wait for the session of the Japanese Zen School to come.

I found the following videos on Fa-tsang and Buddhism in Tang Dynasty helpful for background information and context for Chinese Buddhism. (What a good old time.)
  • Fazang (Fa-tsang): the Mind is an Infinite Mirror


opensourcebuddhism.org makes some good instructive videos on Buddhism. More can be found on their website or YouTube channel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment