Thursday, March 2, 2006

To those that won't ever come back...

A friend of mine just told me that she will pay a visit to New York during her business trip in the end of the month. Living in the FANCY NEW YORK CITY, one will soon find that non-tourists are just as busy as local New Yorkers. There are always people coming and leaving. Once for a while, you may find some familiar figure that you are looking toward to, as well as someone who you care are leaving.

She will be the third friend who come to meet me here, the strangers’ land. I just realize the coincidence that these three visitors of mine are all without focus on what they are gonna do during their stay. We are birds of a feather.

My friend wants me to take her to one of my favorite places in the city when I ask her whether there is anything I can do for her schedule. (How aimless this person is!) I have to say it’s a very interesting request (for me). It causes an obstruction somewhere in my brain. I couldn’t recall any spot to respond.

These days I do less and less “nonsense” wander. I go to classes, I go to work, I go shopping in the supermarket for meals, and I go home.

I do sometimes pay attention to the color of light of the United State Building when I leave school. I do slow down myself at the Bryant Park in warmer time. I do feel something, but then I move on. I do it more and more quickly. I don’t have very fresh memory of a favorite spot.

How pity this pre-middle life is.

Finally I got something–Staten Island Ferry. I said to my friend, “I’ll show you my favorite spot. Let’s take the ferry.” I’m looking forward to it. However, in my heart, I know when I next time standing on the deck, I won’t be in the same mood as previous times. It is just too long, and too many changes, on one single drive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment